Ben Klock One
- Words: Lulu McAllister
- Label: Ostgut Ton
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
After more than a decade spent catering to Berlin’s club scene, DJ and producer Ben Klock has finally dropped his first full-length album. Although accustomed to tailoring his sound to the dancefloor, Klock utilizes his debut as an opportunity to depart from his usual techno milieu. "Coney Island" enters a beautiful, but lonely, ambient space before being hit by a rhythmic storm of tense chords and so many layers that it becomes hard to locate the downbeat. "Goldrush" dabbles in the dubstep arena, while the throbbing, sinister "OK" drips Elif Biçer’s honeyed vocals on top of dark synths and the kind of club beat for which Klock is known.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player