Ben Sims Ben Sims: Ekspozicija 08–Escapism Pt.2
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Matrix Music
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Prepare yourself for one of the best techno mixes of the past few years. The mastermind of hard techno has compiled over 40 tracks into a seamless mash-up of electro, house, funk, disco, and relentless tribal-techno stomp. Over a quarter of the tracks are from the hands of Mr. Sims, while those from Paul Mac, Mark Broom, DJ Rush, James Ruskin, and Mark Williams also factor in heavily. The mix starts with a bit of sample slice-up, and quickly moves into steady, filtered key stabs followed by absolutely pounding, driving 4/4 bumps. Showing off with screaming acid basslines, dubby effects, and dirty ghetto-tech cuts, Sims never lets up. Imagine a night of spastic hard house, full of DJ trickery, hard mixes, and thumping percussion, and you’ll still only be half way there.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player