Ben Sims Ben Sims: Ekspozicija 08–Escapism Pt.2
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Matrix Music
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Prepare yourself for one of the best techno mixes of the past few years. The mastermind of hard techno has compiled over 40 tracks into a seamless mash-up of electro, house, funk, disco, and relentless tribal-techno stomp. Over a quarter of the tracks are from the hands of Mr. Sims, while those from Paul Mac, Mark Broom, DJ Rush, James Ruskin, and Mark Williams also factor in heavily. The mix starts with a bit of sample slice-up, and quickly moves into steady, filtered key stabs followed by absolutely pounding, driving 4/4 bumps. Showing off with screaming acid basslines, dubby effects, and dirty ghetto-tech cuts, Sims never lets up. Imagine a night of spastic hard house, full of DJ trickery, hard mixes, and thumping percussion, and you’ll still only be half way there.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player