Benjamin Wild Wie Es Sein Wollte
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Source
Not necessarily material for the four-on-the-floor set, minimal techno is usually tricked out with burbling blurps, teensy percussive bits, crinkly keyboard quirks and lush, dubby beats. Such is the case for German producer Benjamin Wild's latest full-length, Wie Es Sein Wolte. Wild keeps things fairly warm and peppy throughout most of the album's 12 tracks, accented by smooth funk and dub. Yet there's something lacking here, at least from an album perspective. While there are several tight tracks (such as "Rave Spleen," the feathery "Flora De La Noche" or the raw funkiness of "112BPM_Rocker"), Wie doesn't sustain its infectious element throughout the entire album.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player