Benni Hemm Hemm Kajak
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Morr
What kind of music comes out of Iceland besides that of Björk and Sigur Rós? Benedikt H. Hermannsson offers a new answer: quiet, upbeat folk tunes, shaped from things like kettledrums and guitars. Kajak is Benni's second full-length, and if foreign vocal folk is your thang, it works nicely as a whole: These 13 tracks move easily from one to the next (even if you don't speak Icelandic)–all pleasant stuff. But Morr fans seeking electronics with their acoustic melodies may be disappointed, as Benni only has room for acoustic sounds this time around.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player