Benni Hemm Hemm Kajak
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Morr
What kind of music comes out of Iceland besides that of Björk and Sigur Rós? Benedikt H. Hermannsson offers a new answer: quiet, upbeat folk tunes, shaped from things like kettledrums and guitars. Kajak is Benni's second full-length, and if foreign vocal folk is your thang, it works nicely as a whole: These 13 tracks move easily from one to the next (even if you don't speak Icelandic)–all pleasant stuff. But Morr fans seeking electronics with their acoustic melodies may be disappointed, as Benni only has room for acoustic sounds this time around.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player