Benni Hemm Hemm Kajak
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Morr
What kind of music comes out of Iceland besides that of Björk and Sigur Rós? Benedikt H. Hermannsson offers a new answer: quiet, upbeat folk tunes, shaped from things like kettledrums and guitars. Kajak is Benni's second full-length, and if foreign vocal folk is your thang, it works nicely as a whole: These 13 tracks move easily from one to the next (even if you don't speak Icelandic)–all pleasant stuff. But Morr fans seeking electronics with their acoustic melodies may be disappointed, as Benni only has room for acoustic sounds this time around.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player