I can't wait for the day when DnD get to attack more American r&b remixes. The crew's Big Vocal mix of this fairly substandard Craig David knock-off vocal track still bumps, but its bubbling techno sounds and rich bass would sound really ace under some vintage R. Kelly or even Brandy. Check the dirty dub for less class, more sass. Read more »
This joint is for all the cats who felt early SWV. 702's newest jam features Pharrell from the Neptunes singing the hook. And despite its simplicity, the drums on this Neptunes-produced track give this groove a serious feel, although Pharrell makes it sound playful on the chorus. Read more »
Chad Jackson very effectively brings tech-trance boys Ramirez's early-'90s accordion-tinged classic to the breaks arena. His Dark Horse Dub brings that old-school acid-buzz-bassline flavor, while the flip pumps the ranchera aspect and evokes a less heavy but funkier, Kickin' Records-style thump. Read more »
L.A.'s own Busdriver convincingly steals this one right out from under this tight team-up. With a style that is definitely all his own, Bus provides the perfect lyrical complement to the equally ill beats bumping and grooving underneath. A superb release sure to work the crowd into a frenzy. Read more »
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player