Beta Band Heroes To Zeroes
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Astralwerks
If John Cusack's bitter record clerk in High Fidelity slammed the door on the Beta Band's best-underground-secret status in one cynical swoop, the group doesn't seem to care. They've continued to hone their Anglo-psychedelic craft and now, as duty calls, they aren't afraid to lean a bit harder into the mainstream. This time around, their lancet melodies and post-baggyisms are pointedly aimed at the powers of disinformation, political deceit and modern tyranny and it appears these Scots could do with working out a bit more of that aggression in their music. The fact is, the void between radio pop and the judgmental underground is a precarious place to locate oneself and as a result Heroes to Zeroes precariously toes the line between good and unmemorable.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player