Beta Band Heroes To Zeroes
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Astralwerks
If John Cusack's bitter record clerk in High Fidelity slammed the door on the Beta Band's best-underground-secret status in one cynical swoop, the group doesn't seem to care. They've continued to hone their Anglo-psychedelic craft and now, as duty calls, they aren't afraid to lean a bit harder into the mainstream. This time around, their lancet melodies and post-baggyisms are pointedly aimed at the powers of disinformation, political deceit and modern tyranny and it appears these Scots could do with working out a bit more of that aggression in their music. The fact is, the void between radio pop and the judgmental underground is a precarious place to locate oneself and as a result Heroes to Zeroes precariously toes the line between good and unmemorable.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player