Betty Botox MMM Betty!
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Endless Flight
Passed over for the commercially viable remix and obscured by the eddies of dub, the re-edit is the Tantric sex of post-production. It’s a perpetual climax, a song with its verse removed and compelling bars drawn out. Its art requires utmost vigilance so as not to chaff with too many strokes. JD Twitch of Glasgow’s Optimo, masquerading as Betty Botox, has that discipline: He can inject dissident Krautrock into disco, or get proto-industrial without becoming grating. Here he compiles nine spliced and splayed obscurities previously only on limited-edition 12-inch. Once lost sides by The Jellies, Love of Life Orchestra, Severed Heads, Pankow, The Residents, Hawkwind, and Flying Rhythms make a case for getting into branching out.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player