Betty Botox MMM Betty!
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Endless Flight
Passed over for the commercially viable remix and obscured by the eddies of dub, the re-edit is the Tantric sex of post-production. It’s a perpetual climax, a song with its verse removed and compelling bars drawn out. Its art requires utmost vigilance so as not to chaff with too many strokes. JD Twitch of Glasgow’s Optimo, masquerading as Betty Botox, has that discipline: He can inject dissident Krautrock into disco, or get proto-industrial without becoming grating. Here he compiles nine spliced and splayed obscurities previously only on limited-edition 12-inch. Once lost sides by The Jellies, Love of Life Orchestra, Severed Heads, Pankow, The Residents, Hawkwind, and Flying Rhythms make a case for getting into branching out.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player