Big Two Hundred Your Personal Filth
- Words: Amanda Scotese
- Label: DC
You might know Andy Meecham and Dean Meredith from the tasty Chicken Lips, but this side project is an even more stoned-out, dub-dripping dance album. Big Two Hundred's debut clearly hails from the Land of Blood Pudding, as several bass-driven songs with punk attitude hark to the Clash, and much more blatantly, in one song an ambivalent voice and skeletal drum machine beats scream of David Bowie. Besides composing these elongated punk/disco/new wave songs as a sort of tribute to the early '80s, a dated sound sneaks in from having recorded onto pre-disco era tape through vintage equipment. And so, as you listen to this album, you may feel pleasantly dirty.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player