Big Two Hundred Your Personal Filth
- Words: Amanda Scotese
- Label: DC
You might know Andy Meecham and Dean Meredith from the tasty Chicken Lips, but this side project is an even more stoned-out, dub-dripping dance album. Big Two Hundred's debut clearly hails from the Land of Blood Pudding, as several bass-driven songs with punk attitude hark to the Clash, and much more blatantly, in one song an ambivalent voice and skeletal drum machine beats scream of David Bowie. Besides composing these elongated punk/disco/new wave songs as a sort of tribute to the early '80s, a dated sound sneaks in from having recorded onto pre-disco era tape through vintage equipment. And so, as you listen to this album, you may feel pleasantly dirty.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player