Big Two Hundred Your Personal Filth
- Words: Amanda Scotese
- Label: DC
You might know Andy Meecham and Dean Meredith from the tasty Chicken Lips, but this side project is an even more stoned-out, dub-dripping dance album. Big Two Hundred's debut clearly hails from the Land of Blood Pudding, as several bass-driven songs with punk attitude hark to the Clash, and much more blatantly, in one song an ambivalent voice and skeletal drum machine beats scream of David Bowie. Besides composing these elongated punk/disco/new wave songs as a sort of tribute to the early '80s, a dated sound sneaks in from having recorded onto pre-disco era tape through vintage equipment. And so, as you listen to this album, you may feel pleasantly dirty.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player