Bill Laswell Sacred System Dub Chamber 4: Book of Exit
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: ROIR
Oh, Bill Laswell. So much to answer for. He's loved. He's hated. Lately it seems, mostly the latter. Why? Mostly, for what's seen as a prolific output combined with a lack of quality control. But then, ask yourself who else has collaborated with Fela Kuti, Herbie Hancock, Eddie Def and, erm, Whitney Houston? Dub Chamber 4 comes off quite nicely, especially if you're prone to drawing baths now and again. With Ethiopian singer Ejigayehu "Gigi" Shibabaw in tow, Book of Exit is on a serious body-soak dub tip, in all its cavernous, sudsy, tranquil glory. We all need more baths anyhow, don't cha' think? Draw away.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
- MP3Pak0 "Colors"
XLR8R Downloads Player