Bill Laswell Sacred System Dub Chamber 4: Book of Exit
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: ROIR
Oh, Bill Laswell. So much to answer for. He's loved. He's hated. Lately it seems, mostly the latter. Why? Mostly, for what's seen as a prolific output combined with a lack of quality control. But then, ask yourself who else has collaborated with Fela Kuti, Herbie Hancock, Eddie Def and, erm, Whitney Houston? Dub Chamber 4 comes off quite nicely, especially if you're prone to drawing baths now and again. With Ethiopian singer Ejigayehu "Gigi" Shibabaw in tow, Book of Exit is on a serious body-soak dub tip, in all its cavernous, sudsy, tranquil glory. We all need more baths anyhow, don't cha' think? Draw away.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player