Bill Laswell Version 2 Version-A Dub Transmission
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: ROIR
Bassist/producer Bill Laswell’s fifth installment of Roir Dub Sessions continues his habit of interchangeable but penetratingly devious dub. The fact that this sounds like a lot of previous works doesn’t quell its beauty; few beyond Lee Perry and King Tubby have evolved the genre, but Laswell does here with trademarked ease. The deep puncture of “Dystopia” and casual swing on “Night City” keep Babylon a volume control’s flick away. Joined by world class musicians (Jah Wobble, Karsh Kale, Bernie Worrell, Abdou Mbdoup), this transmission has been received, implemented and accepted.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player