Billy Dalessandro Midievalization
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Resopal
Italy's Billy D drops his seventh release on Resopal, the solid new label run by Frank Elting and Stephan Lieb (MRI, Konvex|Konkav), and it's a dark, sultry stormer perfectly in line with Resopal's moody MO. Touched up with Teutonic oom-pah and slathered with Chicago acid, Midievalization eats away at you, especially on tracks like the wickedly funky "Show Yourself" and the appropriately named "At the Razor's Edge," where propulsive syncopations and buzzing, schizo inflections beat back reason with a backhand slap. Fans of Areal and Festplatten, agitate wildly.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player