Bing Ji Ling June Degrees in December
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: To the Curb
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Urban escapist Bing Ji Ling resides in New York, but his music sounds like it was made on a tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific. As singer-songwriter, producer, and musician, Bing wears a lot of hats, and it’s to his credit that his sound nods to vintage soul without going the full-on retro route. June Degrees in December revels in upbeat, cheery tunes without languishing in commercial clichés. The biggest problem with this album, however, is that at five songs, it’s just too short. Just when you’ve gotten acclimated to Bing’s candy-coated groove, the disc ends, forcing an unwelcome return to reality.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
XLR8R Downloads Player