Bingo Palace Whistle Me Higher
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Codek
Fa Ventilato and Frank Heer may currently hail from Brooklyn, but the sound they make as Bingo Palace is a far cry from the thrift-store self-consciousness of the Williamsburg set. Sounding as if Calexico and Air collaborated in order to simulate both the epic Italian prog of Goblin and Brian Eno-produced Bowie (albeit in a sleek ProTools kind of way), the conceptual leanings of Whistle Me Higher take in Western film scores, svelte house and Giorgio Moroder, and breathe them back as a Casio casino of shifting mirrors.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player