Bizzart Ear Drung
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Sounds Are Active
Bizzart is that reviewer's nightmare and dream, an artist who steers far to the left of heavily-trod hip-hop clich»s. On Ear Drung, Bizzart and producer Accident weave jazz, hip-hop, trip-hop, glitch, spoken word and about a dozen other styles into tracks like "Nivek," with its bird chirps and beautifully woozy vocals, and "Protocol," which references everything from Requiem for a Dream to Cyndi Lauper. The six years that went into the album are apparent in the details, like the epic sound of the bass and percussion on "Infinite Zero." Who knows what to call this, except fucking good.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player