Bizzart Ear Drung
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Sounds Are Active
Bizzart is that reviewer's nightmare and dream, an artist who steers far to the left of heavily-trod hip-hop clich»s. On Ear Drung, Bizzart and producer Accident weave jazz, hip-hop, trip-hop, glitch, spoken word and about a dozen other styles into tracks like "Nivek," with its bird chirps and beautifully woozy vocals, and "Protocol," which references everything from Requiem for a Dream to Cyndi Lauper. The six years that went into the album are apparent in the details, like the epic sound of the bass and percussion on "Infinite Zero." Who knows what to call this, except fucking good.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player