Bizzart Ear Drung
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Sounds Are Active
Bizzart is that reviewer's nightmare and dream, an artist who steers far to the left of heavily-trod hip-hop clich»s. On Ear Drung, Bizzart and producer Accident weave jazz, hip-hop, trip-hop, glitch, spoken word and about a dozen other styles into tracks like "Nivek," with its bird chirps and beautifully woozy vocals, and "Protocol," which references everything from Requiem for a Dream to Cyndi Lauper. The six years that went into the album are apparent in the details, like the epic sound of the bass and percussion on "Infinite Zero." Who knows what to call this, except fucking good.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player