BJ Nilsen Fade to White
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Touch
BJ Nilsen steams noise. His humidifier drones, piercing microtones, and warehouse din all evaporate into the raw air-leaving one‘s vague memories to recall phantom sounds that never actually existed. Fade to White could soundtrack a bedridden life in a cinder block apartment next to a foundry. Most of Nilsen‘s orchestrations dwell on gestures slight enough for the imagination to fill in the rest. "Dead Reckoning" is an exception, where a lava flow of distortion bleeds into the hymns of machines. This is music as an ether-soaked mask.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player