BJ Nilsen Fade to White
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Touch
BJ Nilsen steams noise. His humidifier drones, piercing microtones, and warehouse din all evaporate into the raw air-leaving one‘s vague memories to recall phantom sounds that never actually existed. Fade to White could soundtrack a bedridden life in a cinder block apartment next to a foundry. Most of Nilsen‘s orchestrations dwell on gestures slight enough for the imagination to fill in the rest. "Dead Reckoning" is an exception, where a lava flow of distortion bleeds into the hymns of machines. This is music as an ether-soaked mask.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player