BJ Nilsen Fade to White
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Touch
BJ Nilsen steams noise. His humidifier drones, piercing microtones, and warehouse din all evaporate into the raw air-leaving one‘s vague memories to recall phantom sounds that never actually existed. Fade to White could soundtrack a bedridden life in a cinder block apartment next to a foundry. Most of Nilsen‘s orchestrations dwell on gestures slight enough for the imagination to fill in the rest. "Dead Reckoning" is an exception, where a lava flow of distortion bleeds into the hymns of machines. This is music as an ether-soaked mask.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player