Bjørn Torske Feil Knapp
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Smalltown Supersound
Bergen-based producer Bjørn Torske may not get out of the house but he certainly makes house music. He commands a sense of amplitude and economy that favors dub as much as astro-disco, similar to Idjut Boys, Stacey Pullen, and The Pop Group but minus the paranoia. Though starting out a bit moony, this album soon reveals an insistent coagulation of pliant tones. Some tracks, meanwhile, reach as much for Studio One as Sirius A; instead of the seraphic swatches of Torske's nouveau kosmische contemporaries, this one hints at much more corporal preoccupations. In many supple tracks the percussive anchors are live but unhurried, the total effect being poignant prog.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player