Black Devil Disco Club Presents: The Strange New World of Bernard Fevre
As half of Black Devil Disco Club, Bernard Fevre decades ago invented his own stream of Italo-disco, only to vanish until a few years back. Now Fevre has rescued his own Strange New World from the mists of time, and we find that he long ago dialed up a psychedelic, sci-fi spin on library music, conjuring bodily thrills and spinal chills, decades before Boards of Canada mined similar terrain. Whether today's modern technology polished these tracks hardly matters, as the ace melodies, alluringly unreliable tunings, and arpeggiated bass of tracks like “Stars on Grey” stand ready to beam us to times unknown.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player