Black Devil Disco Club Presents: The Strange New World of Bernard Fevre
As half of Black Devil Disco Club, Bernard Fevre decades ago invented his own stream of Italo-disco, only to vanish until a few years back. Now Fevre has rescued his own Strange New World from the mists of time, and we find that he long ago dialed up a psychedelic, sci-fi spin on library music, conjuring bodily thrills and spinal chills, decades before Boards of Canada mined similar terrain. Whether today's modern technology polished these tracks hardly matters, as the ace melodies, alluringly unreliable tunings, and arpeggiated bass of tracks like “Stars on Grey” stand ready to beam us to times unknown.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player