Black Lipstick Sincerely, Black Lipstick
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Peek-A-Boo
For the last half a decade, the listening public has been presented with a newer sound in rock music-or rather, an older one. Many of the bands currently in vogue have bypassed the ‘90s‘ "heavy urban" sound (thank god) in favor of something a little more raw, a little more real, and a little more grounded in the ‘70s DIY ethic. The strummed melodies and understated vocals of Black Lipstick‘s second outing may not be the most original around, but the album is satisfying, pleasant, and yes, even sincere. Fans of The Strokes, Interpol, and their peers will probably find a lot to like here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player