Black Mighty Orchestra Ocean Beach
- Words: Tomas
- Label: Irma
BMO's Cesare Cera and Ricky Rinaldi lift angelic strings from Henry Mancini's "Lujon," which add a touch of beatific cocktail jazz to their sturdy 100-bpm beats on "Ocean Beach." Allesandro Meroli's live flute plus 'nuff percussion recall NY DJ Sasha's Organic Groove ethno-downtempo excursions, a sound furthered on the flip's airy Brazilian ode "Rua Escondida." And to keep you guessing-English IDM misfit Metamatics is in the mix here as well. Globally germane.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player