Bloody Mary Black Pearl
Kudos to Jay Haze and the Contexterrior base for issuing this winning debut from the lovely Marjorie Migliaccio (a.k.a. Bloody Mary). Through 11 tracks, Migliaccio winds through the darkened perimeters of the techno world and uncovers the hidden beauty lurking within the shadows. Her ability to work the dancefloor has never been in doubt, but Black Pearl finds Migliaccio spreading her experimental wings a bit, unveiling a real gift for spawning opaque, smog-rich tones. Tracks such as "Spleen" and "Semper Eaden" thump with African percussion and a stiff, glitchy punch as she furbishes their surroundings with a brume of ambient murk, while "Elevation" soars off into an astral plane with its dainty strings and ghostly nuances.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player