Bloody Mary Black Pearl
Kudos to Jay Haze and the Contexterrior base for issuing this winning debut from the lovely Marjorie Migliaccio (a.k.a. Bloody Mary). Through 11 tracks, Migliaccio winds through the darkened perimeters of the techno world and uncovers the hidden beauty lurking within the shadows. Her ability to work the dancefloor has never been in doubt, but Black Pearl finds Migliaccio spreading her experimental wings a bit, unveiling a real gift for spawning opaque, smog-rich tones. Tracks such as "Spleen" and "Semper Eaden" thump with African percussion and a stiff, glitchy punch as she furbishes their surroundings with a brume of ambient murk, while "Elevation" soars off into an astral plane with its dainty strings and ghostly nuances.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player