Blue Scholars Blue Scholars
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Blue Scholars
Driven in part by their parents‘ blue-collar work ethic, Seattle‘s MC Geologic and producer/DJ Sabzi of Blue Scholars dropped their magnetic self-titled debut last year without any cameos, collabos or the support of a big-name label. For everyone that wasn‘t lucky enough to catch this album the first time around, the pair now re-releass a revamped version with three brand-new tracks. One of them is the thought provoking, "No Rest For The Weary," in which Geo raps, "40 to a class?/No wonder we delinquent/half the school district never make it to commencement." With his intelligent inquiries and down-to-earth approach, Geo rarely fails to raise ears. Meanwhile, Sabzi‘s lively jazz and ethnic string-driven loops prove to be just as captivating. To think this duo has only been working together for three years-one can only imagine what they‘ll accomplish in another three.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player