Blue States First Steps Into...
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Memphis Industries
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Danny Boyle took the creepy yet chilled electro-pop of Blue States widescreen when he tacked their "Season Song" onto the end of his destabilizing horror classic 28 Days Later. States architect Andy Dragazis noticed: "First Steps...Last Stand," the second song on his one-man band's latest release, sounds like that song's instrumental twin. The lesson being: Don't fuck with the streak. Dragazis hasn't, although his fourth album is a bit heavy on the high end, filled with crystalline structures like "Gaining Time" and "Allies." First Steps Into... could use some darker moments besides the Ligeti-like "100s and 1000s." (You know, the kind that got Boyle high.) Meanwhile, the streak for successful, if piercing dream-tracking continues.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player