- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: Exceptional
As soul-jazz evolved from its ‘70s origins with artists like Lonnie Liston Smith and Roy Ayers to ‘80s quiet storm and ‘90s acid jazz forms, it further incorporated a wealth of melodic chords and ambient synth pads. The aftershocks are felt today in projects like Blueprint, whose "Ruby" has a warm sheen similar to Coldcut‘s Balearic classic "Autumn Leaves," mixed with producer Jimpster‘s snug beats. Blueprint plays all their instruments live and the Gerd remix here is as club-friendly as it gets.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player