Bluprint Sleeping Giant
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Exceptional
Something funny happened on the way to the studio. Bluprint-an English trio committed to the motto "record as you mean to play live," and nurtured by a pedigree of acid jazz and future funk-managed to produce a record barely indicative of a sound that most surely translates well in the live setting. Although at times propulsive and certainly dancefloor ready, Sleeping Giant teases listeners with a high gloss, heavily sandpapered smoothness that hints at the velvet soul of Om Records‘ Kaskade or a number of acts from the formidable Compost roster. All three members, like their contemporaries, have a deft touch with their instruments and an acuity for meshing organic elements with electronic embellishment. And as praiseworthy as such comparisons may be, with just a little less refinement of their soulfully raw edge, Bluprint would be peerless.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player