Bobby Hughes Combination Nhu Golden Era
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Stereo Deluxe
Nhu Golden Era, the second album by Norwegian producer Espen Horne, feels like a warm, smooth lounge record for the modern cocktail-swilling groovemeister. God knows the world doesn't need yet another "lounge" record (a.k.a. generic coffeehouse jazzy downtempo crap) but luckily, the Bobby Hughes Combination has come up with enough innovation and musical talent to buck the usual blandness. Barely. Emphasizing glistening live instrumentation churned out by several jazz musicians-including flutes, harp, trumpet, organ, percussion and more-under the electronic aegis, Bobby Hughes creates a head-nodding amalgam of jazz, funk, hip-hop and Latin rhythms that sounds both retro and new.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player