Bodycode The Conservation Of Electric Charge
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Spectral Sound
Monotone but not monochromatic, Bodycode is the dancefloor-destined guise of Cape Town-bred and Lisbon-based producer Alan Abrahams (a.k.a. Portable). Bodycode has a fierce single-mindedness without being a one-trick pony. "I, Data" is an unwavering track that references the original man-machines, Kraftwerk, but where Bodycode emerges fully realized is in the moments that feel less like the grimy industrial pockets of Europe and more like the tribal, prismatic expanses of Abrahams' African homeland ("Gene Patch," "Bounce Back," and "Local Traffic"). Ranging between six and eight minutes, these melodic micro-edits strive and stride for feverish floor-filling insistence, and are successful more often than not.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player