Bonde Do Role With Lasers
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Domino
Edu K's baile funk-rock anthem, "Popozuda Rock 'n' Roll," must be one of the touchstone songs of the young century. And to prove it, here's the Diplo-produced album by Bonde Do Role, a trio of hipsters from the Brazilian town of Curitiba: An entire album of funk laced with the kinds of gritty guitars and gang-bang vocals that made Edu K famous. But there's more to Bonde Do Role than just baile's rolling rhythms and call-and-response chants. New-wave synth stabs and boppy vocals, dance-punk, and indie influences abound-there's something almost studied about Bonde's baile that makes With Lasers simultaneously deeper and, perhaps, less cathartic than the anonymous ghetto funk we've fallen for.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player