Boozoo Bajou Dust My Broom
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: !K7
Many producers have attempted to mesh Delta blues with dub beats, usually with little success. Too often, the results rely on a drab timidity from one side or the other-no grit in their blues or ghost in their dub. On Dust My Broom, German electronic spliff rollers Boozoo Bajou create a rare balance: they find the dub in Sonny Boy Williamson and create post-modern classics with help from toaster U-Brown and soul legend Willie Hutch. As an experiment, Dust My Broom is an unmitigated success; as an album, it‘s a late-night classic.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player