Boozoo Bajou Dust My Broom
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: !K7
Many producers have attempted to mesh Delta blues with dub beats, usually with little success. Too often, the results rely on a drab timidity from one side or the other-no grit in their blues or ghost in their dub. On Dust My Broom, German electronic spliff rollers Boozoo Bajou create a rare balance: they find the dub in Sonny Boy Williamson and create post-modern classics with help from toaster U-Brown and soul legend Willie Hutch. As an experiment, Dust My Broom is an unmitigated success; as an album, it‘s a late-night classic.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player