Boozoo Bajou Dust My Broom
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: !K7
Many producers have attempted to mesh Delta blues with dub beats, usually with little success. Too often, the results rely on a drab timidity from one side or the other-no grit in their blues or ghost in their dub. On Dust My Broom, German electronic spliff rollers Boozoo Bajou create a rare balance: they find the dub in Sonny Boy Williamson and create post-modern classics with help from toaster U-Brown and soul legend Willie Hutch. As an experiment, Dust My Broom is an unmitigated success; as an album, it‘s a late-night classic.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player