Bosco & Jorge Ally in the Sky
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Sixgunlover
It'll take you a whole 26 seconds to guess this was made in Chicago. And indeed a glance at the sleeve will reveal guest credits for Isotope 217's Rob Mazurek and the brothers Navin from Aluminum Group. Apparently, Bosco & Jorge, otherwise known as Bill Lowman and Brad Gallagher, met as kids at a Leo Kottke concert. Lo and behold, years later, they're still not straying far from Kottke's rustic, fingerpicking Americana. But the curiously titled Ally in the Sky sounds closer to more recent offerings from Rex, Pullman and Gastr Del Sol, approximating an ambient study in folk-blues minimalism with a sprinkle of out-jazz thrown in for good measure. It's quite nice-just nothing extraordinary.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player