Bosco & Jorge Ally in the Sky
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Sixgunlover
It'll take you a whole 26 seconds to guess this was made in Chicago. And indeed a glance at the sleeve will reveal guest credits for Isotope 217's Rob Mazurek and the brothers Navin from Aluminum Group. Apparently, Bosco & Jorge, otherwise known as Bill Lowman and Brad Gallagher, met as kids at a Leo Kottke concert. Lo and behold, years later, they're still not straying far from Kottke's rustic, fingerpicking Americana. But the curiously titled Ally in the Sky sounds closer to more recent offerings from Rex, Pullman and Gastr Del Sol, approximating an ambient study in folk-blues minimalism with a sprinkle of out-jazz thrown in for good measure. It's quite nice-just nothing extraordinary.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player