Bottleskup Flenkemkenmike Looks Like Velvet, Smells Like Pee
- Words: frosty
- Label: Broklyn Beats
For a lightning jolt, chomp into an electric blanket. It has a fuzzy layer, but when you get down to the core it's a shocker. The blanket of the moment was hand-woven by Bottleskup Flenkenkenmike a.k.a. Aiden Girt, a master of disguise. Mr. Girt is the drummer for Godspeed You Black Emperor! and Exhaust, and records solo as One Speed Bike. He has a habit of mashing up percussion into dub chaos. Looks like Velvet, Smells Like Pee is a fine showing of lo-fi, I-don't-give-a-super-fudge-what-anyone-outside-my-head-thinks gems. Raw, tonal explorations anchored by a trap drum set on fire. Zap.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player