Bottleskup Flenkemkenmike Looks Like Velvet, Smells Like Pee
- Words: frosty
- Label: Broklyn Beats
For a lightning jolt, chomp into an electric blanket. It has a fuzzy layer, but when you get down to the core it's a shocker. The blanket of the moment was hand-woven by Bottleskup Flenkenkenmike a.k.a. Aiden Girt, a master of disguise. Mr. Girt is the drummer for Godspeed You Black Emperor! and Exhaust, and records solo as One Speed Bike. He has a habit of mashing up percussion into dub chaos. Looks like Velvet, Smells Like Pee is a fine showing of lo-fi, I-don't-give-a-super-fudge-what-anyone-outside-my-head-thinks gems. Raw, tonal explorations anchored by a trap drum set on fire. Zap.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player