Brand Nubian Fire in the Hole
- Words: Stacey Dugan
- Label: Babygrande
It's a shitty feeling when your favorite rappers come off an extended hiatus with a brand new album that truly sucks. Fortunately for Brand Nubian, their skills are still intact. Grand Puba, Lord Jamar and Sadat X have reunited after six years for an album that is both conscious and jiggy, a throwback that manages to move forward at the same time. The at-times overly futuristic beats and excessively positive rhymes may not please everyone, but an appropriate balance between lyrical skills and scathing social commentary saves the album.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player