Brazilian Girls Brazilian Girls
- Words: Ken Micallef
- Label: Verve
A four-piece transcontinental band from Manhattan, Brazilian Girls references not only Brazil, but model-flaunting catwalks, fashionable Parisian shopping districts, German burlesque houses and deep down and dirty Copacabana sex shows. Theirs is generous, multi-faceted pop music that recalls the brainy zeitgeist of Talking Heads and UK trip-hop filtered through lush vocals and garish instrumentation. "Corner Store" dances on hazy brass and a funky New Orleans groove; "Pussy" drips with ska humidity and city smarts; "Lazy Lover" sounds like The Orb cooling it with Debussy. Ute Lemper eat your heart out.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player