Breakage This Too Shall Pass
- Words: Ryan Romana
- Label: Bassbin
Breakage has been making waves in the drum & bass scene since his haunting 2001 remix of Doc Scott's "Here Come the Drums." After a slew of future classic singles, he unleashes his debut LP filled with D&B explorations in dub science. This Too Shall Pass guides listeners through crackin' breakbeat minimalism, breathable sub-low bass, and drenched rude-bwoy samples. Highlights include the relentless "Ruff Dub" featuring Rohan, the half-time swing of "Losing Track," and the Metalheadz mimicry of "Untitled Jungle." Definitely worth seeking out.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player