Brian And Chris 3
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Dielectric
San Franciscans Brian and Chris's dexterous mix of organic instruments with detours into a cyclical, synthetic world is what gives 3 its narcotic tone. The duo also manages to make acoustic guitar seem like a natural match to a parallel, computerized hum. Despite all that, their focus on the organic and their quick shifts between shadowy and bright just add up to the same melancholy melodies that emo and post-rock bands have been kickin' out for a decade now. All Brian and Chris do is give it a refresher with their drum machine. Too bad that's not new either.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player