Brian And Chris 3
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Dielectric
San Franciscans Brian and Chris's dexterous mix of organic instruments with detours into a cyclical, synthetic world is what gives 3 its narcotic tone. The duo also manages to make acoustic guitar seem like a natural match to a parallel, computerized hum. Despite all that, their focus on the organic and their quick shifts between shadowy and bright just add up to the same melancholy melodies that emo and post-rock bands have been kickin' out for a decade now. All Brian and Chris do is give it a refresher with their drum machine. Too bad that's not new either.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player