Brian And Chris 3
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Dielectric
San Franciscans Brian and Chris's dexterous mix of organic instruments with detours into a cyclical, synthetic world is what gives 3 its narcotic tone. The duo also manages to make acoustic guitar seem like a natural match to a parallel, computerized hum. Despite all that, their focus on the organic and their quick shifts between shadowy and bright just add up to the same melancholy melodies that emo and post-rock bands have been kickin' out for a decade now. All Brian and Chris do is give it a refresher with their drum machine. Too bad that's not new either.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player