Broker/Dealer First Public Offering
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Asphodel
San Francisco's Broker/Dealer have quietly done their own thing for some time now, overshadowed by the Bay Area's better-known laptop stars. Best known for their releases on Cologne's Traum Schallplatten, First Public Offering sees Ryan Fitzgerald and Ryan Bishop combining the pop underpinnings of Giorgio Moroder, the tech-dub styling of Basic Channel and Force Inc, and the ambient wash of Kompakt in a way all their own. If it's not a reinvention of the techno wheel, it's certainly one of the most enjoyable minimal techno full-lengths we've heard in recent memory.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player