Bruno Pronsato Why Can’t We Be Like Us
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Hello?Repeat
- XLR8R Rating: 9/10
Over the last few years, Berlin-based producer Bruno Pronsato has issued several leftfield-techno 12s on discerning labels (Telegraph, Perlon, et al) while maintaining rigorous quality control. With this second full-length, Pronsato reaffirms that his music is worth the serious headphone scrutiny one devotes to a Pierre Henry or Eric Dolphy LP. Why Can’t We Be Like Us will also please the world’s more adventurous selectors, but its nine tracks are far from facile DJ tools. Pronsato labored prodigiously over the compositional elements and tones while constructing rhythms that are as labyrinthine as they are danceable. The acute attention to detail and psychedelic properties of the disc’s production elevate it to the rarefied heights of Villalobos’ best work.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player