Buck 65 This Right Here is Buck 65
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: V2
Those familiar with Richard Terfry know him as Buck 65, a husky-voiced truckstop-weary storyteller (and turntablist) doling out droll rhymes backed by hip-hop and tripped-out country. This comp collects songs from the last five years, like "Wicked and Weird," "Centaur" and "Pants on Fire." Many come from last year's Talkin' Honky Blues, for which he added a live band and honed the countrified concept inspired by his Nova Scotia upbringing. Like the bastard child of Slug and Tom Waits, Buck 65 is a one-man genre that seems a much better idea than rap-metal. He also looks quite dapper in a three-piece suit.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player