Buck 65 This Right Here is Buck 65
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: V2
Those familiar with Richard Terfry know him as Buck 65, a husky-voiced truckstop-weary storyteller (and turntablist) doling out droll rhymes backed by hip-hop and tripped-out country. This comp collects songs from the last five years, like "Wicked and Weird," "Centaur" and "Pants on Fire." Many come from last year's Talkin' Honky Blues, for which he added a live band and honed the countrified concept inspired by his Nova Scotia upbringing. Like the bastard child of Slug and Tom Waits, Buck 65 is a one-man genre that seems a much better idea than rap-metal. He also looks quite dapper in a three-piece suit.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player