Buraka Som Sistema Fabriclive49
Portuguese electro-kuduro outfit Buraka Som Sistema has been busy. After releasing their Black Diamond album, the group embarked on extensive tours across Europe and the US, which included a jaw-dropping set at last year's Coachella Festival. Their Fabric disc continues the band's skyrocketing pace, packing in guest appearances from friends like Major Lazer, DJ Znobia, and Zomby, and channeling the energy of the group's bombastic live sets. Tracks are jammed with explosive dubstep beats and frenetic progressive rhythms that were never fully realized on Black Diamond. Although there are a few duds, they are largely overshadowed by the band's slick, consistently evolving version of kuduro, and the promise that this momentum will continue onto the group's future releases.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player