- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Epitaph
As Busdriver, a hip-hop lovin' eccentric from L.A., Regan Farquhar's talents have been lent to such absurd sonic ventures as The Unicorns' post-breakup gag-gig Th' Corn Gangg. His involvement in ridiculous one-off fuck-offs makes even more sense after listening to his Epitaph debut, RoadKillOvercoat-a surreal head-bobber laced with melody-following flow and postmodern peculiarities that rip holes through rhythms and breakbeats. It's undie hip-hop for sure, but unlike his backpack brethren, Farquhar is more concerned with developing a distinct sound than bemoaning the state of indie-hop over broke-ass beats.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player