The Buzzcocks Flat-Pack Philosophy
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Cooking Vinyl
Flat-Pack is straight-ahead, no-frills punk rock, and despite some flashier studio effects and cleaner playing, The Buzzcocks' energy is still there, nearly as compelling as it was 30 years ago. Founding members Pete Shelley and Steve Diggle seem to understand that sometimes it's better to be who you are than try to catch up with the times; they stick to their guns and come out blazing, with social commentary on everything from corporate culture to Orwell to, of course, love and relationships. Their willingness to show emotions other than anger is what classed them above so many of their contemporaries in the past, and it continues to do so today.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player