C-Rayz Walz The Dropping
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Sun Cycle
C-Rayz has built his career on being the not-so-serious MC with a serious edge, musically and lyrically. His use of wit and cynicism, combined with a deadly flow and gifted storytelling, have garnered him impressive accolades. With that kind of momentum, there's no reason to stop now. The Dropping, like Year of the Beast before it, is an excellently produced album, with the vivid imagery we've come to expect. He turns it out on "Childhood," with notable guest spots by Kosher Dillz and reggae upstart Matisyahu, and the Chinese folk playing of "Ginseng" is a prime example of his brilliance: a phat sound, dope beat, and a story to remember.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player