C-Rayz Walz The Year of the Beast
- Words: James Mayo
- Label: Definitive Jux
Def Jux‘s most underrated lyricist contests the idea that freestyle champs can‘t make quality records. In the past, sub-par production has marred the Bronx native‘s efforts. This time, he chooses beats that better complement his gritty delivery. Longtime affiliate Belief delivers a pulsating dub sound on "Pink," which features Jean Grae. The Welfare Poets craft a grimy vibe for C-Rayz and M-1 of Dead Prez to pontificate on the pros and cons of dealing "Black Soap." And tracks like "Blackout," which cleverly examine racial identity issues, prove that there is more to C-Rayz‘s raps than knockout punchlines.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player