Cadence Weapon Breaking Kayfabe
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Upper Class
Edmonton, Alberta-bred Rollie Pemberton (a.k.a. blog-championed Cadence Weapon) pops verses like it's the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots state championship. Cadence Weapon is the square root of Atmosphere's highly personalized bitching mixed with Antipop Consortium's ruff 8-bit glitches multiplied by Pharoahe Monch's plaids and pinstripes. Hoarse layers are stitched into organic blueprints as Cadence spouts electro-cution across 12 condensed tracks (originally released in 2005 but hermetically sealed against staleness). Cadence Weapon's overall presentation is as fricative as it is finessed, like bobbing graphite croutons in silica soup.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player