Cadence Weapon Breaking Kayfabe
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Upper Class
Edmonton, Alberta-bred Rollie Pemberton (a.k.a. blog-championed Cadence Weapon) pops verses like it's the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots state championship. Cadence Weapon is the square root of Atmosphere's highly personalized bitching mixed with Antipop Consortium's ruff 8-bit glitches multiplied by Pharoahe Monch's plaids and pinstripes. Hoarse layers are stitched into organic blueprints as Cadence spouts electro-cution across 12 condensed tracks (originally released in 2005 but hermetically sealed against staleness). Cadence Weapon's overall presentation is as fricative as it is finessed, like bobbing graphite croutons in silica soup.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player