Cadence Weapon Breaking Kayfabe
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Upper Class
Edmonton, Alberta-bred Rollie Pemberton (a.k.a. blog-championed Cadence Weapon) pops verses like it's the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots state championship. Cadence Weapon is the square root of Atmosphere's highly personalized bitching mixed with Antipop Consortium's ruff 8-bit glitches multiplied by Pharoahe Monch's plaids and pinstripes. Hoarse layers are stitched into organic blueprints as Cadence spouts electro-cution across 12 condensed tracks (originally released in 2005 but hermetically sealed against staleness). Cadence Weapon's overall presentation is as fricative as it is finessed, like bobbing graphite croutons in silica soup.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player