Candi Staton Candi Staton
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Astralwerks
With an illustrious career spanning over three decades-and spawning such classics as the edgy 1969 hit "I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart..." and "Young Hearts Run Free"-the superlative Ms. Staton has always maintained her position as one of music's legendary soulstresses. Now a gospel singer, she's been enjoying a revival of late. This collection shuns her later, more chart-friendly work for her Southern-fried soul roots, and each song is a veritable classic in its own right. Her version of Elvis's "In the Ghetto" will make the hair on your neck stand on end. Genius.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player