Capone Style Baby
- Words: DJ Chopper
- Label: Test
Capone tracks are, in a word, brutal. They‘re also relentless, distinctive and push the limits of the volume threshold. No wonder DJs like Andy C, Mampi Swift, and Grooverider rinse Test plates with regularity. While "Style Baby" pulls no punches (the trademark compressed drums and overdriven bass will tear lesser speaker cones to shreds), the surprise A-side tune "No Food," which opens with melodic jazz Rhodes chords, unfolds as a bass-driven sub roller. Think Krust‘s Full Cycle and V output and you get the idea. Another Test triumph.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player