Capone Style Baby
- Words: DJ Chopper
- Label: Test
Capone tracks are, in a word, brutal. They‘re also relentless, distinctive and push the limits of the volume threshold. No wonder DJs like Andy C, Mampi Swift, and Grooverider rinse Test plates with regularity. While "Style Baby" pulls no punches (the trademark compressed drums and overdriven bass will tear lesser speaker cones to shreds), the surprise A-side tune "No Food," which opens with melodic jazz Rhodes chords, unfolds as a bass-driven sub roller. Think Krust‘s Full Cycle and V output and you get the idea. Another Test triumph.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player