Capone Style Baby
- Words: DJ Chopper
- Label: Test
Capone tracks are, in a word, brutal. They‘re also relentless, distinctive and push the limits of the volume threshold. No wonder DJs like Andy C, Mampi Swift, and Grooverider rinse Test plates with regularity. While "Style Baby" pulls no punches (the trademark compressed drums and overdriven bass will tear lesser speaker cones to shreds), the surprise A-side tune "No Food," which opens with melodic jazz Rhodes chords, unfolds as a bass-driven sub roller. Think Krust‘s Full Cycle and V output and you get the idea. Another Test triumph.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player