Carlos Niño & Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Fill the Heart Shaped Cup
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Alpha Pup
Some albums evoke a sense of place so strongly that it's hard to imagine they were created elsewhere. So goes Fill The Heart Shaped Cup, birthed in L.A. by Carlos Niño and violinist/violist Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, but nonetheless carrying the ethereal, lightly frosted fantasia of Iceland. Breaking past his hip-hop productions for Ammoncontact and Daedelus, Niño channels Northern artists like Múm and electronic-orchestral composer Jóhann Jóhannsson to arrive at billowing sheets of emotional sound. Daybreak dawns by the tide of strings and bells in the aptly titled "Triumph," which ends far too quickly two minutes in.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player