Carlos Niño & Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Fill the Heart Shaped Cup
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Alpha Pup
Some albums evoke a sense of place so strongly that it's hard to imagine they were created elsewhere. So goes Fill The Heart Shaped Cup, birthed in L.A. by Carlos Niño and violinist/violist Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, but nonetheless carrying the ethereal, lightly frosted fantasia of Iceland. Breaking past his hip-hop productions for Ammoncontact and Daedelus, Niño channels Northern artists like Múm and electronic-orchestral composer Jóhann Jóhannsson to arrive at billowing sheets of emotional sound. Daybreak dawns by the tide of strings and bells in the aptly titled "Triumph," which ends far too quickly two minutes in.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player