Carlos Niño & Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Fill the Heart Shaped Cup
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Alpha Pup
Some albums evoke a sense of place so strongly that it's hard to imagine they were created elsewhere. So goes Fill The Heart Shaped Cup, birthed in L.A. by Carlos Niño and violinist/violist Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, but nonetheless carrying the ethereal, lightly frosted fantasia of Iceland. Breaking past his hip-hop productions for Ammoncontact and Daedelus, Niño channels Northern artists like Múm and electronic-orchestral composer Jóhann Jóhannsson to arrive at billowing sheets of emotional sound. Daybreak dawns by the tide of strings and bells in the aptly titled "Triumph," which ends far too quickly two minutes in.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player