Caro The Return of Caro
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Orac
Caro‘s music recalls buoyant early ‘90s Detroit techno, when the genre was becoming warmer and more inclusive. You can hear traces of vintage ‘80s acid bleed through, but the edge isn‘t there, instead replaced by bubbly synths and playful beats. "Ah, Ah, Ah" opens things up with Herbert-like squelches and a slow-building beat. "We Can Build It" features prickly synths that soon click with a subtle, shifting beat. "Heavy Wheel" struts by with a vamping, Latin-tinged piano beat. It all adds up to a funky collection of low-key tracks that keeps things moving.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player