Caro The Return of Caro
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Orac
Caro‘s music recalls buoyant early ‘90s Detroit techno, when the genre was becoming warmer and more inclusive. You can hear traces of vintage ‘80s acid bleed through, but the edge isn‘t there, instead replaced by bubbly synths and playful beats. "Ah, Ah, Ah" opens things up with Herbert-like squelches and a slow-building beat. "We Can Build It" features prickly synths that soon click with a subtle, shifting beat. "Heavy Wheel" struts by with a vamping, Latin-tinged piano beat. It all adds up to a funky collection of low-key tracks that keeps things moving.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player