Caro The Return of Caro
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Orac
Caro‘s music recalls buoyant early ‘90s Detroit techno, when the genre was becoming warmer and more inclusive. You can hear traces of vintage ‘80s acid bleed through, but the edge isn‘t there, instead replaced by bubbly synths and playful beats. "Ah, Ah, Ah" opens things up with Herbert-like squelches and a slow-building beat. "We Can Build It" features prickly synths that soon click with a subtle, shifting beat. "Heavy Wheel" struts by with a vamping, Latin-tinged piano beat. It all adds up to a funky collection of low-key tracks that keeps things moving.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player