The Cars Are The Stars Fragments
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Chez Moi
It‘s always interesting when indie rock bands try their hand at ambient atmospheric. France‘s The Cars Are Stars-formerly known as Playdoh, but Hasbro shut that down-offers one of those efforts. Most of Fragments is dreamy as hell; some pieces, like "Ardor," are stunning in their fastidious attention to the tiniest sonic detail (check the barely-audible scraping sounds). Unfortunately, the chunky vocal tracks are less engaging. Nostalgia flows freely on this album, and it does its work: Fragments makes you long for a place you‘ve been-or maybe somewhere that you haven‘t been yet.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player