Caspa Everybody's Talking, Nobody's Listening
Every micro-genre of UK dance music seems to require a producer either bold or foolish enough to step out of the madly 12”-driven scene with an LP—just think how many copies of New Forms sit forgotten on our shelves? For the “wobbly” school of bassy, oscillator-driven dubstep, the avatar is Caspa, perpetrator of forbidding, arid monoliths that crowbar open your skull with bass and wedge themselves in to stay. The slow, irresistible march of “Marmite” and “Riot Powder” could power dank club soundsystems by themselves, but it's self-conscious stabs at range, like the incongruously Auto-Tuned R&B “Lon-Don City,” that sap Caspa's raw power.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player