Cassy Simply Devotion
Perhaps best known for working the decks at Berlin's Panoramabar, Cassy Britton is a DJ and producer whose penchant for sultry, lush sounds has long set her apart from her minimal ilk. Yet on her second official mix CD, her technique seems a bit off, if only because the first half of the mix features some questionable choices in contrast. For instance, placing the dark, minimal soul of Ian Loveday and Baby Ford's remix of the latter's "Make Your Own Sunshine" next to the bright disco-house throwback of Trus'me's "Good God" doesn't quite flow. Luckily, the mix eventually takes a different approach, marrying foreboding deep techno sounds with more vocally oriented, slamming dancefloor gold.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player